Thursday, December 29, 2011

Thank you 2011

2011 has been a journey to a NEW LIFE for me. This is the year I started off rock bottom. Negative situations attacked my personal life beforehand prior to the redeeming moments. I was heartless, jobless, lifeless, clueless, mindless, reckless, careless, directionless, identityless, just... less.

Unexpected opportunity

2011 has been the year of starting from a blank canvas again. It was the only apparent choice I had. I really didn't know where I was heading; instead, I just let go and let life took me where I must be. Next thing I knew, I was at OSRP with OSRP people doing OSRP thing. And, I mean it the positive way. Haha!

OSRP has been synonymous with "positive changes" for me. I even remember calling it a retreat house or a rehabilitation center whenever my friends would ask how I was doing then? For many reasons, they were worried about me.

Are you ready?

I must admit, it wasn't easy to start over especially if you weren't ready. Yes, I was not ready for that drastic change. I thought I would never leave Transcom since I was really doing well there and I really felt it was my home away from home.

True enough, we don't know what life will throw at us at any place at any given time AND walaaaaah! surprise! surprise! it's always when we least expect it.

On to the positive of 2011

I finally won VNC's Design Contest 2011, the best of all. Each moment, each shoe, each compliment, each month, yaaaay! I truly feel God's grace through this lovely experience. Priceless! Won't trade it with any millions or billions even trillions of dollars. No way! I'll never EVER forget how this moment redeemed me from the pitfall.

More positive things followed.

I engaged to a healthier lifestyle since I've started working at OSRP.  I sleep properly now. 2 years akong puyat at pagod eh!  I'm influenced to watch over my food choices (struggling though haha).  I'm practicing "cleaner fun." I hardly drink alcohol now PLUS I've been cold turkey (from smoking) since Dec, 8, 2011. Still trying to get home early. My mom would say, "Maaga hindi umaga." The people I get along with at work are really a bunch of good-vibe individuals.

Hmmmm what else?

I'm back to my Daily Capsule thing. I created a blog site for my thoughts. I started reading about happiness, love, life, peace, forgiveness, patience, self-help, stuff as such to understand life matters better. Call it cheesy, but I've been introduced to the importance of self-love and self-worth.

Would you love the person you will see, if you see you?

Just to share, out of the so many self-help articles, quotations, books, and videos that I have read and watched, it's an eye opening experience to realize that they only have one conclusion. That is to LOVE YOURSELF first. The ultimate foundation of living life and loving someone better.

The unplanned Dora moments

Cebu. Manaoag. St. Pio. These are, I say, the places I never knew I would get a chance to visit.

For Cebu, I didn't know HOW or WHEN or WITH WHOM I could go there? I just wanted to go there for some reason. Guess what, it happened out of the blue - TOTALLY UNPLANNED. It's LAW OF ATTRACTION darling! Haha.

Next one, Our Lady of Manaoag, the miraculous church in Pangasinan. Through an officemate I got the chance to witness the solemn church.

Finally, St. Pio Chapel in Libis. When I was lost, I found myself here. I still remember the very first day I visited this chapel.

Ending the year right.

Last night was a perfect year-ender. I saw an old good FUNKY friend. Nothing beats the wonderful feeling of seeing a lovely friend after almost 10 years. It was such a joy to realize that these people never left despite the distance.

So much has happened in 2011. Events that caught me by surprise. A lot has left. Some said goodbye, some did not. But, a lot has come into my life as well. A lot has caused me heartaches but a lot has helped me to bring back the smile. A lot has changed yet it's nice to know, these changes turn out to be for the better. I will bid adieu to 2011 with flying colors and a smile on my face.Thank you for everything 2011.
 
In few hours from now, it's HELLO Lively AND Lovely 2012! :)

Much love,
©

1 comment: