Thursday, December 8, 2011

Never discount your self worth

While I kill time before we leave at 2pm, I read something today that I found enlightening. It said,
"Many people can see the good things about themselves and the good things they do but they discount it by saying ‘It’s really nothing special’... There is nothing so destructive to our self-esteem than this little voice in our head that says, ‘Yeah, so you did something good – so what?... We need to fight this thought and say ‘What I did was GREAT, TERRIFIC AND UNBELIEVABLE.’ Arrogance is when we think we’re better than someone else, however, enjoying our virtues is not arrogance."
I don't normally put any big of a deal on anything that I do - be it little or huge. Nor do I think I have the right to react negatively if someone has done me wrong. I'm Miss Let-It-Be. I don't know how to respond properly on any given situation or attainment, quite frankly. I always position myself to be LESS. Less on everything because (subconsciously) I'm not confident if I deserve to be MORE. Bad, but yes I have that mind set. It's not that I'm humble, it's more of a low self-esteem on my part. I don't know my self-worth. I'm not sure if I'm significant.

Now, I just realized that, "Hey there's something I got to do with this. It can't continue forever." I hope this is a wake up call for my self-esteem... for me.


Much love,
©

No comments:

Post a Comment