Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Introduction: Who am I?


Image from Wondering Fair site
A/S/L?  I remembered being asked this question when I was once-upon-a-time a chat room enthusiast. A/S/L? So basic. Too easy to answer. No-brainer even.

How about if you were asked, How would you describe yourself? Or, Who are you? Can you answer that as quick as you have answered the A/S/L question?

To cut the long story short, there are questions that are easy to ask and yet these are hardest to answer once asked to you. It leaves you thinking, Who am I?

24/F/Philippines. On Who am I? Frankly, I have no concrete words on how to describe myself in adjectives. All I can do right now is determine what I value in life and come up with my own definition for each.

Here are some of it:

On Success: It's not a tangible thing but a feeling of self-fulfillment from doing what you are passionate about... and producing good results.

On Dreams: Keep the passion burning. One advice I would never forget was given to me by my father before he passed on he said, "Sa pangarap mo, kahit ano pa yan kelangan mo paghirapan. Di pwedeng wala kang gagawin..."

On Passion: Creative design is my cup of tea - fashion and graphic designing.

On Fashion: I believe in personal style. Know what and what doesn't work for your body type.

On Beauty: I adore ladies with beautiful skin.

On Happiness: It's not enough that you feel it, you have to define it to know it. More so, it's about being joyful and peaceful inside-out; and, being grateful from simpler to bigger blessings from God.

On Self: Love yourself to:

- take care of yourself.
- be kind to yourself.
- be easy on yourself.
- be comfortable with yourself.
- believe in yourself.
- BE the first-rate version of YOUrself.

On Gratitude:  At some point in our lives we'll meet someone who'll make a difference in our lives. Even after they left, continue being grateful. 


On Love: You cannot give what you do not have. Same thing with, you can never have what you do not give.That is why, it is very important to truly LOVE YOURSELF first because that's when you become selfless then that's when you learn to give unconditionally.


On Trials: Surrender it to God. Submit to His will and you'll be surprised. I can truly attest to this.

On Time: It only gets better.

On Fate: I believe in fate but just like art - it can always be customized based on your personal beliefs and entities.

On God: I can't utter the right word to describe how great He is all I know is that at this very moment, my heart is full of gratitude. All I can say to Him is, "Thank you Lord - for everything. I must have done something that has made you too happy to deserve the continuous blessings I've been blessed with for this year and the years to come. Everything now is better because of You. Thank you."

On Life: Life is unfair but it's up to you to make it lovely and worth living for. If over and over life knocks you down, remember that the only way is up. Cry. Forgive. Smile. Pray. For sure, God just wants you to learn something from the situation.

Going back on how I started this entry -to the question of Who am I? What I can say is, "Everyday, I'm learning something new and for each new learning, I'm getting to know myself more. Or is it better to say, I'm understanding life more? *smiles* For bits and pieces of this so called journey, I'm gaining meaning and wisdom to every experience. Thus, this contributes to Who I am today."  


Much love,
©

No comments:

Post a Comment