Friday, July 10, 2015

"Pray for it."

Praying changes you.

I had an officemate who told me before that her mom had quit smoking because her mom prayed for it.  I remember, I laughed at that point.

And when I had decided to quit smoking, I tried what she said.  I prayed.  I forgot exactly what was my prayer.  I just prayed.

Then after that, I began reading articles like the symptoms and what to expect from quitting.  After reading enough, I prepared myself mentally, emotionally and physically!  Finally, I set the date.  I set it on my 25th birthday, December 8, 2011.

I never smoked ever since.

Until today, I would always remember, "Pray for it."

The question I get all the time was, Tumigil ka na?  Paano?  Because, I never really talked about it only if they asked.

I intentionally kept it to myself at first until I was very sure I made it to six months to a year without smoking.  It worked.

My friends laughed at me when I told my story on how I had quit the habit successfully and it was because I prayed for it.  But it's fine, I laughed, too, in the past until I tried t.  So it's fair enough.

There was only one person who didn't (well except for Quin and Bam who gave me an idea to try praying).  She said, "I believe you.  Why won't God grant your prayer request if it's for your own good.  He'll help you."

This entry isn't only because I quit smoking.  For the first time, I have understood, how praying works.

God is not a genie.  That when we pray, he answers or grants it immediately.  We have to do our part. I think, we have to be willing to deserve the answers to our prayers.


No comments:

Post a Comment