Sunday, March 10, 2013

Embrace it, don't fight it.

Yesterday at lunch I was praying to God that He reminds me how much I've wanted to become a fashion designer and that may He rekindle the flame of my passion for fashion design because honestly, I was losing it - the passion.

Know what, he answered my prayer.

Around 3:00pm, one of the school heads gathered the students for a general assembly to discuss where Slim's heading towards 2013. 

They said, "Many students are in school pero wala sa school ang isip."  True enough it's been over a month since I started and yet, I didn't feel any enthusiasm in what I have been doing there (or I was trying too hard to feel it), pero ang dragging especially pag Friday na papasok na naman ako bukas. Sure, I could do the tasks, I was learning them but that was it.  They were just tasks to me. Lumilipad ang isip lagi pag andun ako at nagcocomplain na ako sa gastos, oh noooo (I never complained about anything on what I wanted before). I realized I was missing the point the whole time because of loss of enthusiasm and I even forgot to look at this pursuit as an "investment." It was a blow when one of my classmates had to remind me that, "Isipin mo na lang investment ito."

Going back to the assembly, they reminded us that schools should be maximized to hone our skills and to be "reality ready" when we graduated. I guess I just had to hear it myself from someone, "This is your dream since you were a kid, develop a right attitude. Decide now that you want it. Focus. Embrace it, don't fight it."

Now, I want to be back on track. I want is so much, it now becomes a "necessity" in my life and in my being.

#2008 #favorite #archive

No comments:

Post a Comment