Friday, March 1, 2013

Health is wealth

I learned a valuable lesson this week and it is to go see a doctor if you know a part of your body is not at its best condition.
I had something growing on my external right ear, near the right temple. I thought it was just an abscess that will go away in a week. It was full of pus and there was something hard inside it, it was almost like a size of a peanut M&M. Although it was painful and nauseating to see and touch, I ignored it. It came off on its own but I still didn't see a doctor, I thought it'd be okay after that. Yes, I self-medicated afterwards and I took unprescribed antibiotics.
After a month, it wouldn’t heal and it hurt a lot (still); so I finally decided to see a doctor.  I did that after hearing one of my teachers talking about a condition of someone she knew "meron raw uod yung bukol na tumubo sa isang parte ng katawan and katawan nya yun bakit di nya inaalagan sarili nya." She was really disgusted.  After hearing that, I got scared so I faced my fear of doctors.

What I had was an infected cyst. Yes, a cyst. They told me that it was quite dangerous because underneath it is our brain. The doctor asked me, why did I let that take a long time to be seen by a professional.

Everything is fine now, they already did a procedure to remove the cyst. Thank God. What I learned from there was never to take your health for granted.  It’s your body, you got to take good care of it.


No comments:

Post a Comment