Thursday, November 23, 2023

Yuchengco Museum, Ayala Avenue, MRT, 11/18

The last time I visited Yuchengco Museum was in 2016. During this visit, I have come to know a national artist, Cesar Legaspi. Two of his works caught my attention. More so, I learned that he was color blind and this was why his choice of colors have instensity in them. 

I was lucky to witness a whole room dedicated to Amorsolo. What I couldn't forget about that exhibit was, I saw two The Mango Harvest paintings. I asked the guards why but none of them couldn't answer my inquiry. I tried reaching out to the museum but no response yet. Anyways, it was a fulfilling museum trip. Of course, the trip wouldn't be complete without souvenir shopping. 







Update 11/24: Yuchengco Museum replied back. Amorsolo was a master replicator of his paintings. He had a lot of requests for copies of his paintings, he had sort of like a catalog where people would choose which one they liked. They are all original paintings, done in different years. But when you look closely at each painting, there are tiny details that vary (e.g. the girl’s strap, number of mangoes & other fruits, etc). They aren’t totally identical. He made sure of it. ☺️



Last Saturday's weather was perfect weather for a long stroll so I took that opportunity. I love Makati and it's been years since I took a stroll.

One thing led to another, since I was on my way to the MRT, I chose to take it. It's been years and it improved. Malamig na sa train. :D



No comments:

Post a Comment