Thursday, December 31, 2015

God what will I do?

So don't try to get out of anything prematurely... James 1:2-4

Monday night, I wanted to resign and I remembered that in every decision, I must learn to consult that decision to God, first.  And so I asked God and even typed it in my notepad, God what will I do?

Few minutes later, my friend in the office gave me a gift and I opened it, it was a book.  I was intrigued because I found the cover appealing and I saw Nikki Gil's name on the cover.



I do not normally take a break at work, but at 3 a.m. I put my work status to Away.  Eager to read the book, I took a break.  I began reading the book and I finished it in less than three hours.

There were a few wrongly paged sections in the book.  Those errors led me to Jeremiah 29:11 multiple times (four or five times).  
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11
I knew at that moment, God was speaking to me - reassuring me, rather.

As for my desire to resign immediately, I read a verse that I knew right away that was the answer to my question, God, what will I do?
So don't try to get out of anything prematurely... James 1:2-4
I realized that I was being impatient and only wanted to escape... and that I wanted it my way, not His.  I wanted it NOW when I knew the answer was, NOT YET.  I let the distractions get the best of me.  

This book has made me realized that I am not a kid anymore so I need to get rid off the childish behaviors I still have in me.  

I cannot just leave and drop off anything just because I crack under pressure or I am uncomfortable with the situation.  If I do not succeed fighting these negative feelings off there is no way I would succeed if faced with the same in the future.

Maybe it is God's will I do not leave yet because He wants me to become mature and well-developed, not deficient in any way. (James 1:2-4)

No comments:

Post a Comment