Wednesday, January 28, 2015

New term I learned today: Faith Goals

Instead of ""What are your goals, say, What are your "faith goals""?  And I agree, it sounds more proper and positive.

What are your "faith goals" for 2015?


"Complete" ~ art print by Shira Sela

Let me share with you these four faith-based tips when setting goals.  I am learning these the first time, too.

1. Banish Perfectionism.

It says to toss it aside since it has the potential to freeze us in our tracks.  And that, perfectionism is an illusion.  Now, I am slowly realizing that striving for excellence is better.  

2. Purge away the past.

I like this part, it asks us to "Completely forget."   The way a runner forgets his opponents in a race–completely in the zone, completely focused on the finish. Let’s learn to release the past so it doesn’t hinder our progress. 

3. Do what's good and pray for guidance.

Do good works that will also benefit others and glorify the Lord.

As Proverbs 16:3 says, “Commit your works to the Lord, and your plans will be established.”

4. Lean into it - and spread the word.



No comments:

Post a Comment