Thursday, October 30, 2014

My father

I dreamed of him the other night.  Today is his fifth death anniversary and we miss him so much.  A friend told me that death is not a loss; it should be a celebration.  A celebration that one had lived a good life.  And, my father lived a good, fulfilled, happy, and generous life.

I know that all my dreams will come true because his dreams come true. He taught us to give and he taught us to be responsible.

One thing I love about him was he loved birds and plants; and that's something he taught me by showing me.  I have also learned to see the beauty of plants, of flowers, of nature, of surrounding, of birds because of him.  He fed them daily.  He nurtured them.

And these things, I only learned later on.

Right now, every time I am feeding the birds, appreciating nature, and loving these creations.  I know he's watching and he's happy I am doing what he used to do when he was living.






Maria

No comments:

Post a Comment