Saturday, September 29, 2012

Lesson learned from shopping


My father taught us to always consider quality when buying things. Always

This is not limited to high-end brands. I mean, I know I can't afford designer items, yet. However, if I really want it, I'll definitely save up for it. It's going to be worth it. I learned that from my father.

Now, I'm also learning to buy what I only love. To always buy the best I can afford. It's a discipline that I really want to embrace.  In the long run, I know I'd end up spending less because quality items last. And, who throw things they love?

My most memorable experience here was when I wanted to buy a pair of quality sunglasses, I really wanted an aviator but because it was too expensive, I chose a wayfarer.

In less than two years, I still wanted an aviator and I ended up buying it as well. 

Lesson learned: I just ended up spending more because I did not choose the one I really wanted in the first place.

That's when I begin to instill the idea that we must always go for the first options we have in our minds instead of going for a cheaper and convenient ones. The goal is to save yourself from the hassle of what ifs and the excess of unessentials.

Same thing as life, what do you really want to eat? What do you really crave for? Where do you really want to go? What do you really want to do? What do you really want to be? Who do you really want to be with? Who do you really love? What is it, really?


No comments:

Post a Comment