Saturday, August 16, 2014

Prototype Approved

Here's the prototype for my proposed design. Don't worry, the actual garment isn't see-through. :)

In this exercise, I have learned the importance of prototypes and why designers make one, it gives you room to correct your errors.

Sir Mark checked it.

With this, it's too small and it needs to be adjusted by 2 1/2 inches on the back; it needs to be more voluminous as well; the hemline needs to be measured from the floor to ensure that it's even; that I have to make sure I sew everything correctly, he even noticed the shirring wasn't distributed evenly; I have to fix the sleeves as well. Hmmmm what else? He gave tips as well, to put two zippers instead of one to prevent pulling; he's asked me to experiment with the weaves that I am going to make because the fabrics I chose are manisnisin.

Initial selection is on August 30, that is two weeks from now.  It's the actual garment already which is 60-70% finished.




Maria

No comments:

Post a Comment