Monday, December 10, 2012

No Smoking Please

Not only it was my birthday last Dec. 8; it was also my first year of freedom from a former bad vice, smoking. I thank God for making it possible. More so, for Frannie who had been God's instrument to motivate me and support me in my quitting. 

If I can do it, any smokers can do it, too.

You just have to make a decision that you'll do it. Then, commit. Literally, make a decision and commitment that you want a healthier and better lifestyle. YOU HAVE TO WANT IT.

Think of it as a challenge. And, just think of it this way, "smoking is a form of self-destruction."

Do it for yourself, your family, people around you who hate it, and for the people who will enter your life.  Ask for God's help and He'll definitely help you.

By quitting smoking, I gained nothing but healthy confidence that "Yes, I can do it. And when I could be successful in this "thing", I can be successful in anything." True enough, it will just give you a boost of right amount of confidence that anything is possible if you just make a decision and a commitment to do it.

This is the formula that worked for me: decide - read - prepare - set the date - commit

1. Decide that you'll quit smoking.
2. Read first the symptoms and what to expect from quitting.
3. Prepare yourself mentally, emotionally and physically! 
4. Set the date. I really chose Dec. 8, 2011 (last year) and never looked back since.

NOTE: E-cigarettes never worked for me so did the "unti unti/ dahan dahan".  It only made me crave more. It took me years to realize that if you really want to quit, you just have to do it COMPLETELY, Cold Turkey.

5. Commit. Just commit.

Believe me it is doable. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment