Wednesday, December 12, 2012

#day 40

Living on purpose is the only way to really live. Everything else is just existing. #day40
I finally finished reading The Purpose Driven Life today. I'm glad I had the heart to commit to a 40 day journey with this book. I learned a lot. Life? Love? People? Purpose? God? Everything is here. This book is a gem and I encourage everyone to read it for 40 days, not in one sitting - imagine, it is just 40 days, for a lifetime of lessons you can carry with you for the rest of your life.

It took me 5+ years to re-read this and we had this book in our home for so many years. During the hype of this book, I remembered that I tried reading it for the sake of its popularity but it only took me 10 chapters/ 10 days (or less) and I stopped.

This year, in my room, feeling depressed, praying, and asking questions in my prayers and self, I remembered this book. That we had this book. So, I looked for it. I said, I'd read it and I'd commit to the 40 days. I was curious on why this book was described life-changing. My questions in mind were, "Why? How? Can this help me?" So, I read it. Now, I'm glad I did.

What I wouldn't forget about it was it worked for me like God was speaking directly to me. If I have questions and experiences I didn't understand, the next chapter I was about to read for the day (for instance) literally had given me answers, explanations, and better understanding of the situation on what to do.

I read so many books about life and such but this one is different.  It's different because it tells you about God's role and purpose for our lives.  Other life books I read were "I" centered but this one is God centered.


No comments:

Post a Comment