Thursday, October 25, 2012

Habits

I read before that it takes 21 days to form or break a habit and I have not forgotten that ever since. 

In 2011, I gave it a shot. I started being so general about it until it became more specific later on. 

From I would change my life to I would change my lifestyle to I would change my routines to I would change my habits; until, I asked, What specific habit did I want to change?

My illustrated list
...
...
...

To learn to say NO - one habit at a time.

No to bad sleeping habits (It was a struggle because I was a nocturnal.)
No to cigarettes (I admit, it was the hardest.)
No to cursing/swearing (...or at least lessen it.)
No to drinking too much (It was easy.)
No to negative self-talk (Hard yet doable. I'll get there.)
No to instant and too much coffee (I'm sleepy all the time but it's fine.)
No to stress (It just means I must learn how to handle it with ease and grace.)
No to resigning (OSRP is my 5th, that explains it.)

How about you, what habit would you like to form or break? Why not try the 21 days and see what happens? It just might work for you, too. Who knows? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment