Saturday, August 4, 2012

Au Naturale

Would you dare to go bare?

In college, a friend would tell me that she appreciates girls who don't go for rebond or relax or any sort of straightening treatment. She explains that there's something about embracing your own natural hair texture and volume that she finds sexy. In my interpretation, she meant, alluring. This is why, I've learned to appreciate my hair and it's not that bad after all. I just have to comb it.

Also, being from a school and work where girls wear a lot of make-up, I find myself wearing make-up, too and couldn't leave the house without it. Because they wear make-up so well, I thought of joining the bandwagon. Sporting thin eyebrows, eyeliners, heavy foundation, pressed powder, concealer, blusher, lipstick, lipgloss, mascara... a lot.

But, I hate wearing mascara. I also hate the feel of heavy foundation on my skin. I am not a fan of blusher as well. It's funny that I load my face up with too much make-up when I hate the feeling of it on my face. Fad that had become a routine. I know.

I find it refreshing when I see girls around with no make-up. It's very endearing to look at. It's as if you see "her" first and not her make-up. There is a youthful radiance and rawness that are naturally exuding from wearing little to no make-up at all. Like, there's nothing to hide.

Now, I'm trying to look as natural as possible. Natural hair, natural eyebrows, just a little powder to control the oil, concealer if I need to cover a zit or something and just a dab of lipstick. I like lipsticks!

I don't hate make-up now, just bad make-up. Again, some women wear it so well and look great with it. I like that.

Yet, I think it's really worth a try to opt for a more natural look of you.

Going natural takes courage. It's a treat for your skin as well. You let it breathe. At the same time, you're feeling some sort of freedom. Maybe from not worrying how you look after few hours. Plus, for some reason, it makes you look younger.

Now I can say that it is brave to embrace what you're given. So, just go and bare it all - be it your hair or face. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment