Sunday, October 15, 2023

Who am I, really?


Yesterday, one Saturday afternoon, I opened my computer and did something productive besides watching Netflix. I know that it is a time waster and yet I get so addicted to it. I read short training courses on psychological safety, goal setting, and effective communication then I stumbled upon the story of Shonda Rhimes. Shonda's the woman behind the series I enjoyed, How to Get Away with Murder. She said, "Stop dreaming, start doing." 

I didn't stop. One topic led to another until I discovered LinkedIn Learning. Aha! What's supposed to be a warm-up to build an upskilling habit turned 10 hours. I subscribed to a month-long trial of LinkedIn so I could get access to training courses on marketing and entrepreneurship. 

In college, I was supposed to take BS Entrepreneurship but I changed course. Entrepreneurship interests me and seems challenging but when I saw that LinkedIn categorized it as a skill, my perspective about it changed. It's made me feel, Oh okay it's a skill, I can learn this! 

What's more, I started following Louis Vuitton, Jessica Alba, Virgin Company, and Ryan Reynolds plus I updated my work title headline to Marketer | Modiste | Maker.

I think I still know who I am or at least who I want to be. I am a marketer, modiste, and maker.

Outside of work, I enjoy learning new skills and making pretty things.

No comments:

Post a Comment